Exodus 16:32--- Moses said, “This is what the LORD has commanded: ‘Take an omer of manna and keep it for the generations to come, so they can see the bread I gave you to eat in the wilderness when I brought you out of Egypt.’”


Friday, August 10, 2012

For Vim, Vigor, and Vitality

"LEAVE YOUR DRUGS IN THE CHEMIST'S POT IF YOU CAN HEAL THE PATIENT WITH FOOD!"  --Hippocrates, the Father of Medicine.


Live Food Juices was written in 1957 by H. E. Kirschner, M.D.  It may have been written 55 years ago, but the wisdom it holds is just as prevalent today as it was back then.  Fruits and veggies are still fruits and veggies!  In the coming weeks, I will be sharing posts about juicing in my own life as well as including great facts and info from this book along the way.  I have been inspired by several true stories of medical healing found in this book.  Kirschner also teaches about vitamins, their sources and how to use them to heal different kinds of ailments.

Vigor and vitality might be words we recognize, but what is vim you ask?

Vim-- lively or energetic spirit; enthusiasm; vitality 

I am always looking for more vim in my life, that's for sure.  My son, Luke, has loads of vim.  We should have considered naming him Vim.

If you appreciate vintage reading material, and are interested in reading more about juicing, Live Food Juices is a must-read.  I have never seen a new copy for sale, but used copies are readily available on Amazon and half.com.




No comments:

Post a Comment