Exodus 16:32--- Moses said, “This is what the LORD has commanded: ‘Take an omer of manna and keep it for the generations to come, so they can see the bread I gave you to eat in the wilderness when I brought you out of Egypt.’”


Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Two Things You Can Never Have Too Many Of

Good Friends
And Good Shoes

Almost all of my good friends have too many shoes.  I have too many shoes.  Joel has too many shoes.  So every now and again, we go through our footwear and donate pairs we haven't worn in a year.  But even after thinning out our stock, we have mounds of shoes left over that we really do wear pretty regularly.  I understand that this is what my brother-in-laws call a "First World" problem, and technically not even a real problem, but, alas, here we are in America with 40 pairs of shoes and nowhere to put them. 

So guess what I did!

I hung kitchen pantry baskets on my bedroom closet door and filled them with shoes! Ha!  I purchased mine at the container store, but I'm sure there are similar solutions at all different home stores.  I love it!  It's perfect for those of us with limited closet space.  How many years have I dug around on the floor of my closet under my hanging clothes searching for a certain pair of shoes? ---About 25 years.  Now they are all out in the open, stored in pairs, in lovely plain view.  Fab.


6 comments:

  1. Loooove shoes! I have shoes everywhere in my room! Lol, fun idea! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rish! Now I want to put these racks on the inside of every closet door in the house!

      Delete
  2. I love seeing that u are still rocking the flip flops. I have too many shoes as well. I love spring when I get to swich out my winter shoes with my spring shoes...love it! I have a shoe and purse closet...it is more of a nook...but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. brandy, I do have a lot of flip flops! And I guess I could't call them "good shoes" ha! Wow, I'd love to have a nook/closet just for shoes and bags!

      Delete
  3. Love your blog Genelle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chelsey!!!! I'm tickled that you enjoy reading it!

      Delete