Exodus 16:32--- Moses said, “This is what the LORD has commanded: ‘Take an omer of manna and keep it for the generations to come, so they can see the bread I gave you to eat in the wilderness when I brought you out of Egypt.’”


Monday, July 23, 2012

Make a No-Sew Bunting


I made this bunting banner out of Sophia's outgrown clothes for three specific reasons.  Number one was to create a keepsake of the outfits she used to wear.  Second, I used it for a decoration for the dining room table for her Baby Dedication luncheon. And thirdly, it now serves as a decoration in her bedroom above her crib.

Here's how you make a bunting from baby clothes!

What You'll Need:

Old Baby Clothes
Tag Board Tracer
Fabric scissors
Double Wide Bias Tape
Spray Starch
Iron
Fabri-Tac Glue






First decide how large you want each triangle on the bunting to be.  Cut a triangle template out of heavy tag board to be your tracing guide on every piece of clothing.  Lay the tracer on the clothing.  Trace the triangle and cut it out.  If you want the bunting to be two-sided then make sure you are cutting two triangles of fabric at the same time.  Above you can see that I left the baby pajamas snapped up so when I cut it out, I'll have two triangles of fabric cut at the same time.  I like to include the snaps to add interest to each triangle of the bunting, and so you know it was made from Sophia's pajamas. 


As soon as the triangles are cut out, I glue the point of the triangles together so they don't shift or loose their pair during the ironing process, but only glue the tip of the triangles so the fabric will have room to be smoothed out with the iron and not wrinkle or bunch up.  I use Fabri-Tac Glue made by Beacon Adhesives.  It is amazingly powerful and has replaced my hot glue gun for all fabric, lace, leather and trim.  I love love love this stuff.  As you can see in the photo, it even "strings" like hot glue...but no burns!




 



After each triangle is thoroughly starched and ironed, glue the edges together all around.  Then simply glue each triangle into the fold of the long bias tape.  I glued two 3ft sections of bias tape together to get the length I wanted.



Now it has a permanent home in Sophia's nursery. 


No comments:

Post a Comment