Exodus 16:32--- Moses said, “This is what the LORD has commanded: ‘Take an omer of manna and keep it for the generations to come, so they can see the bread I gave you to eat in the wilderness when I brought you out of Egypt.’”


Sunday, July 1, 2012

My First Good-bye


My Grandma Iris died yesterday at 3:00pm.  

Her home is directly next door to my parent's home.  We've lived together as one big family on one big plot of land for 23 years.  Her loss is suffocating, but she is, right now, with her Savior in heaven, so I have peace.  This is my first time losing someone I love so dearly, someone who was so intertwined in every aspect of my and my children's and my parent's lives.  I feel this gaping void.  I wonder if the void just lingers there in your heart forever?

I will be gone for two weeks to take care of things back home.

2 Corinthians 5:6-8
So we are always of good courage. We know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord, for we walk by faith, not by sight. Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord.


4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about your loss Genelle. How great it was for you to live next to your grandma while you were growing up! You must have so many great memories that will live forever. I had a grandma Iris too! The pain will lessen in time. My dad told me once, "We are never completely gone unless we're forgotten." It doesn't sound like your grandma will ever be forgotten.~ Kelli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kelli. How fun that you had a Grandma Iris too! I'm feeling a little more composed about her passing every day.

      Delete
  2. Genelle..... I am SO sorry :( I understand so well. A year and a half later I still feel the void. I have done my fair share of crying for the loss of my Grandma just this week. I keep feeling like it will just go away and I should get over it but you don't. People that special don't just go away. I loved your sweet grandma and I am so thankful she knew her creator! Mourn for your loss. Even Jesus wept when he knew where his friend had gone and that in a few moments he would bring him back to life. Death is sudden, heart wrenching and final. He knows your pain and doesn't expect you to be strong. I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your words Brooke and for the wonderful dinner. Your friendship has helped so much through this. I'm learning how to go through a normal day with just random tears, instead of bigger break downs. I think that will be the norm now for many years. Maybe forever.

      Delete