Exodus 16:32--- Moses said, “This is what the LORD has commanded: ‘Take an omer of manna and keep it for the generations to come, so they can see the bread I gave you to eat in the wilderness when I brought you out of Egypt.’”


Monday, June 11, 2012

A Little Hanging Basket Joy

"God almighty first planted a garden. And indeed, it is the purest of human pleasures."-- Francis Bacon (born 1561)


I am 33 years old.  I've lived in three of my own homes with a yard or patio space and this is my very first hanging basket.  It's a big deal for me!  I absolutely love to garden.  It's calming and instantly gratifying.  It does require a little effort (watering, weeding) but it has all become a pleasure for me.   It's also a hobby that my husband and I share.  We're able to get out and do something we love while staying at home with the napping or rambunctious children---everybody wins.

I purchased this pre-planted basket for about $10 at my local home improvement store a few weeks ago.  The flowers are called Calibrachoa and the mix of red, purple and sunny yellow is divine!  It just needs to be watered every day with a decent amount of sun (5-6 hrs) and it's as happy as a clam.

When we moved into our untouched-from-1959 home 4 years ago, there was no landscaping in the backyard.  Here's a "Before Picture".


My father built me the trellis to start my little garden.  Our first two years we weren't able to put in any landscaping so I just potted some tulips.  We've since buried that huge white downspout, and added a gated fence.


 
Here is the same corner of the patio this summer. 
The "Current Picture"...not "After Picture" because my garden is always changing! 
Doesn't the hanging Calibrachoa add so much!?!  I'm just tickled with it.


What are some other flowers that you've had success with in a hanging basket? 
I'm eager to try more!


No comments:

Post a Comment