Exodus 16:32--- Moses said, “This is what the LORD has commanded: ‘Take an omer of manna and keep it for the generations to come, so they can see the bread I gave you to eat in the wilderness when I brought you out of Egypt.’”


Monday, June 4, 2012

Mom's Oatmeal Pancakes


My little family and I eat these fabulous pancakes almost every week.  They're simple, delicious and very filling.  These little beauties are who I have to thank for keeping me in my weekly food budget.  Thanks guys. 


Mom's Oatmeal Pancakes

1 1/2 cups quick oats (I use old fashioned and they work fine)
2c buttermilk (I use 1 cup milk and 1 cup yogurt)
1 t salt
2 eggs
1 t baking soda
1 T maple syrup (or any sweetener)
1 t cinnamon
1/2 t nutmeg
3/4 c whole wheat flour (or 1 c white flour)

Soak oats in buttermilk a short time (3 min or longer)
Add all other ingredients to oat mixture.  Mix well.
Fry on greased frying pan or griddle.  Makes about 18 cakes.
 I will serve them with maple syrup and a smoothie or some chopped fruit, and that's it!  It's a fast and hearty supper that both my husband and 2 yr old love.  Did you say supper? 

Yep.  We have these for supper.  I never make anything as complicated as pancakes for breakfast.  Breakfast at our house is a chopped apple and a slice of cheese, or a granola bar, or a bowl of cereal.  We save our breakfast food favorites for our suppers; breakfast burritos, scrambled eggs and toast, etc.  We love breakfast food, and eating it for supper instead of breakfast is good time management for me, and excellent food budget management.  Try it and see!  What are some breakfast-for-supper meals that you make for your family?

No comments:

Post a Comment