Exodus 16:32--- Moses said, “This is what the LORD has commanded: ‘Take an omer of manna and keep it for the generations to come, so they can see the bread I gave you to eat in the wilderness when I brought you out of Egypt.’”


Saturday, April 14, 2012

Add Beauty to Your Journals



Having an outlet for in-the-moment art and scrapbooking creation has been part of the fun of creating my Omers of Manna (journals) for the past 15 years.  I don't over-think what I will draw or paint.  I glue down any little paper thing that has significance to me.  I don't worry about layouts or brads, double sided tape or sticker letters.  My journal is a free place to just scratch out a little something pretty for just me to see (and maybe my children and grandchildren one day).



The artwork and scraps you glue in your journal hugely increased your attachment to it.  All of the sudden, it is a part of you; a volume of your experiences and feelings that could be captured in no other way.  Start with doodling a border on an entry.  I use crayons to underline and highlight.  Watercolor paint always looks romantic over flowers drawn with pen. Glue in (Aleene's Tacky glue keeps things from getting all wrinkled) meaningful notes or birthday cards; movie tickets or photographs.  These little things take your Omer from a journal to a treasure.


No comments:

Post a Comment