Exodus 16:32--- Moses said, “This is what the LORD has commanded: ‘Take an omer of manna and keep it for the generations to come, so they can see the bread I gave you to eat in the wilderness when I brought you out of Egypt.’”


Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Genelle's Pregnancy "Best Practice"


As I was reading through some of my journals, I came across this entry from when I was pregnant with my son, Luke, in 2009.  As you can see, I called it "Pregnancy Best Practice".  Now this is just my opinion, of course, and it's my ideal, so I wasn't able to adhere to my own practices with perfection, like I wanted to, but I followed it pretty well with great results!  I like to make goals and lists for myself, and refer back to them for inspiration.

I've written them out below, in no particular order, in case some of them are illegible in the photo above.

1. Walk and Stretch whenever you feel up to it--seriously--just when you feel up to it.
2. Brush Teeth 2 times daily (Mouthwash Once a Week---I was nervous about the alcohol)
3. No Pain Killers! Just drink A LOT of water--it will help
4. Floss Often! (pregnancy is hard on the gums)
5. Lotion feet every night (they get a beating with all the extra weight)
6. Witch Hazel face toner nightly
7. Green Apples to alleviate heartburn
8. Cocoa Butter Belly, Thighs, and Breasts Every Night
9. Get a good haircut every 3 months (to get the most out of those luscious locks!)
10. Visit the Dentist for a good cleaning
11. Read everything you can get your hands on about pregnancy, birth, and infant care
12. As much as you can, Natural, Natural, Natural...everything
13. Kegel 5 sets of 10 per day
14. Have house plants for fresh oxygen in the home
15. Write Thank You notes IMMEDIATELY after receiving a gift for you or the baby
16. No coffee, lunch meat, hot dogs, soft or unpasteurized cheeses, sword fish, canned tuna, sushi, raw dough, runny eggs, salami, caffeine, or excessive sugar. (to the best of your ability)
17. Nap often (especially if this is your first child, or your 2nd child, and #1 still naps...you sleep!)
18. One yogurt and one apple every day
19. Multi Vitamin (prenatal), DHA, and Milk Thistle every day! Milk Thistle helps with morning sickness.  It helps your liver filter more efficiently.
20. Always have a snack in your purse so you don't end up getting a fish fillet at the drive through during an attack of extreme hunger. (I end up eating too much "drive thru" food whether I pack a snack or not, so go easy on yourself...it's a weird craving time in our lives)

Again, this is just my own silly list of what I thought was the most important for me during my pregnancies.  I hope you can maybe get a few ideas you like, and then add to it to make your own list!  What are some tips you all have that  I can add to my "Best Practices"?

6 comments:

  1. Great list Genelle!! SO much wise advice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tara! That means a lot coming from you :D

      Delete
  2. Love it!! Thanks for all of your great tips! :) I'm so excited to quit working again at the end of this week so I can take care of myself...being pregnant is hard work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being pregnant is a full-time job by itself for sure! I hope you're resting and napping all the time and making the time to take care of yourself!!!

      Delete
  3. I did Number 15 this time around and it was so nice! For everything, meals, help, gifts, etc...immediately, I would just write it out and put it ready to be hand delivered or mailed out!!!

    This is a great list. :) One I would add is freeze meals ahead! With my 4th and 5th this was a LIFESAVER!!! :) I just would double/triple a meal I was making and save the rest for after baby. This saved me from going crazy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right! I've got to put "Freeze Meals Ahead" on my list! I did this too with both kids...A full month's worth of meals. I have no idea what I would have done without the freezer meals...we all would have gotten pretty thin I think :D

      Delete