Exodus 16:32--- Moses said, “This is what the LORD has commanded: ‘Take an omer of manna and keep it for the generations to come, so they can see the bread I gave you to eat in the wilderness when I brought you out of Egypt.’”


Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Welcome Post


Hi, I’m Genelle.

I’m a small town Christian girl, who is now planted in the big city with my husband Joel, and our two children, Luke and Sophia.  I’m a painter and a potter that is on a hiatus from making “high art”.  Motherhood has joyfully commandeered my “free-time.”  I enjoy technology to the point that it can help me improve upon my skills, wisdom, knowledge, and friendships; however, I love to write letters…real letters.  I keep a paper journal and a paper calendar.  I bake bread.  I grow things.  I read paper books.  I’m a tactile woman 100%.  I need to feel the paper, kneed the dough, and dig in the dirt.


Due to the inspiration of the wise Christian author, Elizabeth Elliot, I, long ago, named my paper journals, "Omers of Manna".  I have a large stack of these "omers"  that are filled with my spiritual and emotional growth of the past 15 years.  They will serve to show my "future generations" how the Lord cared for me through every season of my life.  I thought it was fitting to give my blog the title of Omer of Manna as well.

In this blog, I want to keep a log of my journey towards:

·         contentment in Jesus Christ

·         simplicity and organization in my home

·         health and wellness

·         gratitude in ALL of my circumstances

·         becoming a wife and mother of noble character

It is my desire that this blog will inspire and encourage me and my readers to live life more fully.  To be able to see the daily "manna" that the Lord gives us to get through every trial.  To pray more.  To read our Bibles more.  To create.   To be grateful.  To enjoy every wild and precious moment with those we love.  To love where we are.  To love who we are in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment