Exodus 16:32--- Moses said, “This is what the LORD has commanded: ‘Take an omer of manna and keep it for the generations to come, so they can see the bread I gave you to eat in the wilderness when I brought you out of Egypt.’”


Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Quest for Love


I had my fair share of heartbreak before I met my strong and loyal husband, Joel.  Before meeting Joel, I had a few long-term dating relationships with quality, Christian men.  One of those relationships lasted for 5 years; all through my college years.  We got engaged on New Years Eve.  My mother and I bought the wedding dress.  My friends threw me a bridal shower.  Then one night at a get-together with friends, the Lord had me look out through the mini blinds of a back bedroom window.  Beneath that window, my fiance was kissing another woman.  I ended the relationship immediately, even though my fiance had begged me for months after to forgive him.  The Lord had given me a priceless gift in showing me the weakness of my fiance's loyalty to me and his Savior.  Now I was heartbroken and a little lost.  Enter the book, Quest for Love.

The wise and wonderful Elizabeth Elliot, Christian missionary, author, mother and wife, has long been an inspiration and encouragement to me, especially in my single and dating years.  She gave me the idea to start writing my own Omers of Manna while I was still in college.  Her wisdom from the Lord saw me through the break up of my first engagement.  Elizabeth Elliot knows relationships.  You can trust her to guide you every step of the way, because her way is the Lord's way....and it works.  Quest for Love goes through example after example of true loves stories gone wrong; why they went wrong; and how we can navigate love with dignity and poise.  Elliot pushes women to be confident, strong, independent and patient in love.  I love her style.  I think you will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment