Exodus 16:32--- Moses said, “This is what the LORD has commanded: ‘Take an omer of manna and keep it for the generations to come, so they can see the bread I gave you to eat in the wilderness when I brought you out of Egypt.’”


Thursday, April 12, 2012

Day 1 - A Success


So we read Genesis chapter one together today to begin our 8 year journey of reading one chapter of the Bible a day, out loud, at breakfast.  Sophia was sleeping, and Luke and I were at our kitchen table eating. 

As I read, I got a big smile from Luke each time I said, "And God saw that it was good."  Other than the occasional smile, it really didn't seem like he was listening to me at all.  Then I got to the part where God creates the "creatures that move along the ground". 

Luke pipes up and says, "Thank you God for SNAKES!"  I could have burst, I was so happy!  He heard the Word of God, he registered what it was saying, and he thanked God for what he had done!  And Luke is 2!  This is going to be an amazing journey, and yes, God, THANK YOU FOR SNAKES!  Thank you for the power of your Word!

2 comments:

  1. I have been using Jack's suppertime as magazine reading time (he talks, I read) but you have inspired me to get out some better reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! :) I am inspired to do this as well! :) I might use KJV to make them listen to the beautiful old language. We use NKJV for school. :)

    ReplyDelete