Exodus 16:32--- Moses said, “This is what the LORD has commanded: ‘Take an omer of manna and keep it for the generations to come, so they can see the bread I gave you to eat in the wilderness when I brought you out of Egypt.’”


Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Girly Headband Organization


Since before my 5 month old daughter, Sophia, was born, I've been collecting headbands for her; piles and piles of satiny, sparkly, flowery headbands to wrap around her smooth, fuzzy head. But that is where they have remained...in a pile.  Until this week!  My friend Alex, from Dallas, was visiting and she and I made a fun, girly, headband holder that looks adorable on Sophie's dresser.  Her most frequently used headbands are lined up on the outside of the holder and the extra headbands are stored inside.

I gathered up an empty oatmeal container, two onsies in cute patterns that Sophia had outgrown, some scraps of ribbon I had laying around from my scrapbooking days, scissors, and fabric glue.   I use Beacon Fabri-Tac, fabric glue, and it works just as good, if not better than a hot glue gun. I cut the onsie fabric to fit the container and the lid separately, glued it on, and glued on some ribbon and bows for some girly flair.  The headbands, once placed on the organizer, really add most of the cuteness and hide any flaws in the decoration of the container.  It's  budget friendly, fool-proof way to bring yourself a little bit of lovely orderliness.  Ahhh.
Sophia Modeling One of Her Many Headbands

No comments:

Post a Comment