Exodus 16:32--- Moses said, “This is what the LORD has commanded: ‘Take an omer of manna and keep it for the generations to come, so they can see the bread I gave you to eat in the wilderness when I brought you out of Egypt.’”


Friday, April 20, 2012

Beautiful Mysterious Contentment

Ahhh, contentment.  It is a seasonal feeling for me.  It comes and goes with the wind.  One of my life-goals is to nail down contentment.  I want to be content in every circumstance because the Bible tells me to repeatedly, and the Word of God has never steered me wrong.  Here is what I've found in my study so far:

Philippians 4:11-12  I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.  I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.

1 Timothy 6:6  But godliness with contentment is great gain.

1 Timothy 6:8 But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that.

Hebrews 13:5  Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”

It seems to me that I'm struggling with contentment more than ever with the invention of pinterest and my love of reading blogs.  Both pinterest and certain blogs can leave me feeling that I have got to go out and do some serious shaping-up through some serious shopping.  Oh man, especially those adorable outfits that are all laid out on pinterest.  Those kill me!  I love them.  Especially this one below:

Pinned Image

"But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that."  Not super-amazing, always yummy, all-organic, ethnic-delight food that will continually bust my budget...just food.  And not super-cute, expensive, bust-my-budget clothes with coral and teal accents, that I think I so desperately need....just clothes.  And I have that.  I have food and I have clothes.  And this week I'm focused on being content with that.  My budget and my husband will thank me, and best of all, the Lord will be pleased.

1 comment: